Thursday 22 November 2007

Ode to an Esmod graduate

O my brilliant Esmod graduate!

Intimidate me with yer knowledge of crushed velour!

Of dandyism that begins at the waistcoat and never ends at the spats!

I envy yer débutante graduate show!

Yer interplanetary glitter!

Yer second-hand, much-loved, half-baked

Idée fixes

Of glam

D'or!

I envy yer year at Central St Martins!

Yer 3-month residency at Marc Jacob's brie-smelling workshop

Next to that patisserie tunisienne in the 20ème arrondissement!

Yer too many cigarettes and shared jug of citron presse at La Rotonde

With that adorable

Best-of-his-peers

Graduate from Esmod Windhoek

Sunny Namibia!



O my beloved Esmod graduate!

You of the high cheek-bone and strong jaw-line!

Make room for a piece of me

In yer slashed, vintage, stylist's own

Physician's bag!


No comments:

Post a Comment